Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sighs of relief...

I don't know how other people celebrate when they accomplish things like finishing homework, the end of a fundraising event, a Saturday night, etc... But I am calling it "A sigh of relief" and celebrating with a glass of wine.  Today is the end of possibly the longest week ever- which included me catching a cold- and in my old age (33) all I have to entertain myself with is wine and my computer.  In the distance I hear the children (possibly arguing, but not telling me about it) playing the Wii.

Tomorrow I have to talk about the scrip program at church.  I don't mind talking in front of a group of people, but I feel like there will be questions.  Sometimes I get nervous when people ask me questions in front of a group of people.  So I am a little nervous about that.  It's ok to admit that, right?

We went to the library today (children's, of course).  I got a book called "Pocket Babies" about little tiny marsupials.  Because I thought they were cute and the kids would think so too.  I also got our favorite Dr. Seuss book "Six by Seuss".  It's a treasury of books; our favorite of which is "The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins" where Bartholomew is to take off his hat for the King as he passes but as he does another hat appears (500 times) in it's place.  It was first published in 1938 and makes the girls laugh really hard!  I had never heard of it before we checked out this book and it has some moral value.  Alyssa is starting a series about pets and Sarah is reading an easy "Little House" series.  Haley didn't come but she is reading "The Book Thief" which I recommended and she actually likes!  Sometimes mom is right.  Just sometimes.  We brought some very well behaved friends who are excellent readers also.

The Denison Dog Park Howl-oween walk was a success!  We had human walkers and dogs dressed in costume.  We had one human dressed in a dog costume.  We made some money.  We had fun.  People know more now about the park than they did before.  Goal met.  I got to work with people who are very talented and creative.

The girls have been into making keys into necklaces.  Some of these are actually keys to our house.  I realized this after it was too late. 
Our latest project: Key Necklaces-colored with nail polish

Sarah making her necklace key (it was her idea, she wanted me to tell you this)

Haley's key




No comments:

Post a Comment