Thursday, January 10, 2013

Procrastination

So, I have started another semester of school and I am starting to think this was not a good idea. I have several things to do for the two classes I am taking, and they are hard. Too hard.  In the past, I could read with the radio on or write a paper in a day or two.  Right now I need complete silence just to understand what all of the words in each sentence mean, and then what all of that means put together. There's lots of googling going on.  

I don't like to complain as a habit (keep your comments to yourself Todd), but I need others to hear about how awful this is and then I will let it go.  So this week for class 1 (Health Care Delivery Systems), I have to participate in a discussion- with references in every post-lots of researching, take a "pretest", listen to a lecture and go to like 50 websites and read/watch things.  And find a health care related non-profit community agency that I can do some analysis on starting next week. Class 2 (Theories of Learning); write a "personal philosophy" of learning before having read any of my 150 pages of assigned reading which will end up being about a 3 page paper.  Questions are like this: "To what level, if any, do you believe explanation of learning is reducible?, What universal truths must the learner grasp?"  Participate in a discussion- same rules as class 1, lecture, websites,etc.  And next week I have to read an entire textbook.  It doesn't sound as bad as it feels. 

I have been distracting myself with cleaning today.  I even used a scrub brush in some places. 

Snowy Oliver
I think that's Alyssa in there.

1 comment:

  1. so funny Emily. I am googling myself about our assignment this week. Found your blog. I have yet to decide if learning is reducible. If you ever get bored, I have some areas in my own home that could use a scrub brush.
    Cori

    ReplyDelete